Use of this web site is provided by Border Collie Trust GB (BCTGB) subject to the
following terms and conditions.
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. BCTGB reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe rights, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to BCTGB are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will BCTGB be liable for damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or negligence.
5. BCTGB does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or bugs represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from BCTGB. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by BCTGB to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not BCTGB). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. BCTGB takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites.
8. BCTGB makes no guarantee that the animals featured in "Dogs for Rehoming" will be available when visiting the centre.
9. Although the website uses encryption security software in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by BCTGB or its agents.
10. Any communication or material that you transmit or post on, any public area of the site including data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
12. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Border Collie Trust GB (BCTGB) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the BCTGB web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the BCTGB website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
1. Collection of your Personal Information
BCTGB collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. BCTGB also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your post code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by BCTGB. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is used by BCTGB for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the BCTGB web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through BCTGB public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: BCTGB does not read any of your private online communications.
BCTGB encourages you to review the privacy statements of web sites you choose to link to from BCTGB so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share your information. BCTGB is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on web sites outside of the web sites operated by BCTGB.
2. Use of your Personal Information
BCTGB collects and uses your personal information to operate the BCTGB web site and deliver the services you have requested. BCTGB also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from BCTGB and its affiliates. BCTGB may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
BCTGB does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. BCTGB may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, BCTGB may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to BCTGB, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
BCTGB does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
BCTGB keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within the BCTGB web sites, in order to determine what BCTGB services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising within BCTGB to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
BCTGB Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on BCTGB or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BCTGB; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BCTGB, or the public.
The BCTGB web site use "cookies" to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise BCTGB pages, or register with the BCTGB site or services, a cookie helps BCTGB to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same BCTGB web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the BCTGB features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the BCTGB services or web sites you visit.
4. Security of your Personal Information
BCTGB secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. BCTGB secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
5. Changes to this Statement
BCTGB will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. BCTGB encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how BCTGB is protecting your information.
6. Contact Information
BCTGB welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact Ben Wilkes at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.